Sun Direct increases monthly revenue and reduces customer churn with Oracle communications billing and revenue management 7.5 upgrade
Redwood Shores, Calif. , April 17, 2013: Oracle released that Sun Direct has completed an upgrade to Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management 7.5. Oracle Communications Consulting supported the successful upgrade, which focused on business critical enhancements – including reduced customizations and streamlined integration with Sun Direct’s back office to grow revenue and reduce technology maintenance costs.
Sun Direct, a leading direct-to-home (DTH) player in South India with upwards of 8 million subscribers, uses the latest MPEG4-based technology to increase broadcast capacity and deliver next-generation services, including an expanded range of high-definition channels.
To help further differentiate its offerings and maintain its competitive edge, Sun Direct needed to optimize its billing operations, create powerful new bundles and improve visibility into customer information across all services.
By upgrading to Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management 7.5, Sun Direct improved its ability to:
- Deliver enhanced product offerings – including monthly services pro-rated into daily payments, and rapidly growing multi-month plans.
- Increase average revenue per user (ARPU) by optimizing accounting system integration with customer service plans, resulting in a significant revenue increase during the first two quarters the system was live.
- Control customer churn by providing a grace period for satellite service payments and extending the grace period for customers to re-charge accounts – improving service affordability across income levels.
- Improve customer self-care and service use reporting by integrating each customer’s purchase history with the customer care application – supporting greater visibility into customers’ purchase history and enabling the provider to customize future service offerings.
- Reduce total cost of ownership by removing nearly all customizations and enhancements related to the integration of front and back office systems.
© Mouseworld Now News Service