“ManageEngine has 3 models to reach prospective customers”- Shailesh Kumar Davey, Vice President – Engineering, ManageEngine
After Mr.Shailesh Kumar Davey took over as Vice President – Engineering, ManageEngine, There has been notable traction in business. La an exclusive interview to Mouseworld Now, Mr.Shailesh Kumar Davey reveals his business priorities and plans.
1. Would you like to reflect upon in brief about ManageEngine’s background and brand journey so far?
Founded in 1996 and established as a division of Zoho Corporation in 2001, ManageEngine develops software products for enterprise IT management. With more than 20 products for real-time IT management including IT360 for integrated IT management, ManageEngine enables IT managers, CXOs and system administrators to deliver optimum end-user experience and harness IT to achieve business efficiency. ManageEngine currently, has over 72,000 customers in over 200 countries.
ManageEngine is emerging as a fast-growing alternative to traditional network management frameworks. ManageEngine’s products ensure the optimal performance of a company’s critical IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, desktops and more. For instance, our IT360 is an Integrated IT management solution designed to Monitor and Manage IT Infrastructure for Medium and Large Enterprises. IT360 provides support for monitoring networks, servers, databases and applications, and give IT Operations Team a single pane of glass to troubleshoot performance issues quickly.
2. With more than 20 products for real-time IT management, ManageEngine has been a very active in the IT management space. What is the principle philosophy that drives your products?
ManageEngine’s products deliver a comprehensive platform to manage an enterprise’s end users and provide efficient support.
The fully functional, ManageEngine’s free tools have no expiry dates attached and are used every day by more than 100,000 IT administrators throughout the globe. All these tools are available on ManageEngine’s website and can be downloaded and installed easily.
Pricing of all the products are available online. The major differentiators of our products are the ease of installation, ease of use and affordability. The products are designed to provide “instant gratification” to the IT users installing them. For e.g. you can download, install and setup your network monitoring in less than an hour or two, all by yourselves without requiring highly paid consultants.
3. Please tell us in detail about your national and global client base.
We have over 72,000 customers in over 200 countries. Our solutions cater to sectors including BFSI, IT, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Telecom, Government, etc. Some of our customers worldwide are Hugo Boss, NASA, Thomas Cook among others.
4. What according to you is your most innovative product and why?
I would consider ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus, our IT help desk and Asset Management software as the most innovative. It has packaged all the ITILV3 requirements in a single neat package right from Tickets, Incident, Problem, Change Management , Project Management an much more. It also provides easy Desktop & Mobile Device Management. Moreover the icing-in on the cake is the support for accessing the Help Desk via Mobile devices & Tablets and control it via voice Commands. All these functionality comes with an extremely easy packaging and installation.
5. Enterprise IT organizations are feeling the pressure to respond in real time to issues like security, bandwidth, asset tracking and issues related to managing employee-owned as well as corporate-owned devices. How the new mobile device management (MDM) capabilities (launched at Mobile World Congress) help the organization in this context?
With the increase in the usage of smartphones and tablets hitting the Indian market, most employees can now access official documents through their mobile devices from anywhere. This poses a grave threat to confidential enterprise data. The requirement for tightened security of company information can be managed by products like – Desktop Central. ManageEngine’s Desktop Central recently launched BYOD (Bring your own device), BYOA (Bring your own application), and NFC (Near field communication), enhancements to address the security concerns. Below are some of the benefits of this solution:
- Enroll devices based on ownership
- Create separate groups for BYOD and corporate devices
- Define separate policies for BYOD and corporate devices and apply
- Wipe corporate data, leaving user data untouched, when employees leave the organization
- Apps Blacklisting and white listing
- Notify administrators and users about the use of blacklisted app
- Notify administrators when a new app is detected
- For Android 2.3.4 and above, this feature detects if a mobile device has been NFC enabled and, if so, alerts the IT admin via email. Admins can also disable/enable NFC.
6. Your first Voice-driven mobile app for the IT help desk, the ServiceDesk Plus voice-enabled iPhone app has created a buzz in the market. What target customer it intends to serve? How does it fare vis-à-vis competition or near alternatives in the market?
ManageEngine implemented the voice-enabled iPhone app for IT Help Desk based on the high demand from ServiceDesk Plus’ 20,000+ customers. This app reduces help desk response time by executing commands just by speaking. The app is built on ‘Nuance’, enabling voice recognition to perform complex actions on the go.
The products are designed for the IT professionals who manage the entire lifecycle of help desk incidents — from executing commands and dictating notes to assigning or closing out tickets.
7. ManageEngine has tried to fortify the management of network device passwords by integrating its network change and configuration management (NCCM) solution, DeviceExpert, with Password Manager Pro. How would it better serve the customer?
The major benefits with this integration is that it lets DeviceExpert periodically retrieve the latest device credentials directly from Password Manager Pro, simplifying credential management by eliminating the burden of manually tracking the integrity of credentials.
This integration is the most recent addition to DeviceExpert’s list of automated tasks that significantly improve the productivity of an organization’s IT and network management teams.
8. What is your broad market strategy for India for the next couple of years? How strong is your channel network and in which region is it the strongest?
We are going strong on the channel space and have recently appointed Ingram Micro as our national distributor. ManageEngine has 3 models to reach to our prospective customers: direct sales, tele-sales with our in-house team and partner-lead. Apart from Ingram Micro, we have over 50 Reseller partners, SI partners and MSP partners. Around 55% of our business comes from the partners across the country.
9. What is ManageEngine’s growth rate in the last two financial years? Where would you like to peg your growth figure five years from now?
We see a lot of opportunities for ManageEngine’s products in India. Enterprise level technologies have been incorporated in the products keeping in mind the ease of use and installation. These are made available to SMBs, Enterprises and Service providers at a very affordable price.
For e.g. our Service providers offering have multi-tenancy built in by default. With this the service providers can manage IT infrastructure across multiple customers with a single installation(instead of one installation per customer that typically happens with other vendor’s solutions).
Similarly, the big enterprises can manage their distributed IT infrastructure from a single location using our distributed probes and agents.
In the last few years, we have been growing around 50%, in India, and hope to maintain the same in the future.
© Mouseworld Now News Service