RCOM releases its 3Q FY2013 results
New Delhi, India, January 23, 2013: Reliance Communications (RCOM) has released its consolidated financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Financial performance for the quarter are:
Revenue at Rs. 5,301 crore, up 5% from Rs. 5,055 crore in Q3 previous year
EBITDA at Rs. 1,653 crore, up 2.4% from Rs. 1,614 crore in Q3 previous year. EBITDA margin at 31.2%, amongst the highest in the industry, with strong contribution from both Wireless and GEBU businesses.
Net Profit at Rs. 105 crore
1. Consolidated Revenue & EBITDA: RCOM Q3 total revenues at Rs. 5,301 crore, up 5% from Rs. 5,055 crore in Q3 previous year. Q3 EBIDTA at Rs. 1,653 crore, with EBITDA margin of 31.2% amongst the highest in the industry.
2. Wireless Revenue & EBITDA: Q3 wireless revenue up 4.7% y-o-y on comparable basis. Q3 wireless EBITDA up 15% y-o-y on comparable basis.
3. RPM: RPM stood at a healthy 44 paisa. We have successfully achieved RPM stability for the last 11 consecutive quarters amidst increasing competition and over supply of minutes in market place.
4. Global Enterprise (GEBU) Revenue & EBITDA: Q3 Revenues at Rs. 2,454 crore, up by 4.4% from Rs. 2,352 crore in Q3 previous year. Q3 EBIDTA at Rs. 567 crore, down by 0.4% from Rs. 569 crore in Q3 previous year. Q3 EBITDA margin stands at 23.1%.
5. RCOM continues to be free cash flow positive. RCOM generated operational cash flow (EBITDA) of Rs. 1,653 crore in Q3. This is the second full year of positive free cash flow (FCF) for the company and this trend shall continue in succeeding years.
6. Partnership with Alcatel-Lucent: RCOM and Alcatel-Lucent entered into first of its kind end-to-end customer experience management contract with a potential value of around USD 1 Billion. As part of this renewed partnership, Alcatel-Lucent will provide all-comprehensive and value-enhancing management to RCOM’s networks and services in the Eastern and the Southern regions of the country to deliver a world-class seamless voice and data communications experience to customers.
7. Launched ‘Facebook Messenger Plan’ for GSM subscribers: Subsequent to our exclusive partnership with Google for Android platform, and our exclusive partnership with WhatsApp in India, RCOM launched the first of its kind prepaid plan ‘Facebook Messenger Plan’ for all Reliance GSM subscribers across the country.
Rewards & Recognition:
· November 2012: RCOM won the EMC Transformers Award 2012 in being the leading edge IT BIG DATA successes. This award identifies and recognizes change being brought in Indian Enterprises through smart and judicious use of IT Infrastructure. We won this Award for our initiative in building Next Generation BIG DATA Analytics Platform for near Real Time Reporting, using Open Source Technologies, by our internal IT.
· November 2012: RCOM won the Aegis Graham Bell Awards 2012 for “Best Broadband Data Network”, which reinforce our belief that RCOM is best positioned to capitalize data opportunity with it’s “Built for Internet” network.