HP unveils HP ElitePad 900 in India
New Delhi, India, March 13, 2013: Hewlett Packard Printing and Personal Systems Group, India today launched business tablet HP ElitePad 900, a tablet that balances a smart & stylish design with enterprise-grade features, functionality, serviceability and support.
HP ElitePad 900 designed for businesses and governments, it features the optional HP ElitePad Smart Jackets,which add connectivity options and an additional ultra-slim battery for longer runtime along with specific add-ons that customize the tablet for specialized uses.
HP ElitePad 900 gives a 10.1-inch diagonal display, weighs just 0.63-kilos and measures 9.2 mm thin. The 16-by-10 aspect ratio maximizes the display area for ideal viewing of traditional business applications, as well as video content. Precision crafted, with an eye toward fit and finish, the HP ElitePad uses stylish, premium materials such as CNC-machined aluminum and CorningGorilla Glass 2.
Powered by next-generation Intel mobile processors, the HP ElitePad delivers PC productivity for those on the go and Intel x86 compatibility for existing business application support. It is optimized for Windows 8 and supports touch- and pen- input. The HP ElitePad also provides power efficiency and smartphone-style convenience with compatibility for familiar Windows applications, as well as easy integration into existing IT environments.
HP ElitePad 900 is an ultrathin, lightweight tablet designed for Windows 8 that delivers features for IT managers and touts a design that employees will crave. It gives the full serviceability, enhanced security and manageability found in HP Elite PCs, and military-grade durability for drops, vibration, dust, temperature extremes and high altitude.
Vinay Awasthi, Senior Director – Product Category, PPS, HP India, said, “Tablets are increasingly finding their way in the work environment and companies now recognize the importance of mobility offered by tablets, to executives and key employees. With the launch of Elitepad 900, HP continues to drive innovation that best suits India’s technology and mobility needs.”
Sunish Raghavan, Head, Commercial PC Category, Printing and Personal Systems Group, HP India, said, “Enterprise workforce has to be extremely mobile today and hence they need a device that can help them to be more productive, while ensuring security aspects. The HP Elitepad is that perfect device for today’s mobile workforce as it combines great style and user experience along with manageability and security features”.
A tablet that is made for business
The unique, productivity-enhancing ecosystem of the optional HP Smart Jackets and additional accessories designed specifically for the HP ElitePad expand the tablet’s potential, turning it into a total enterprise solution:
HP ElitePad Productivity Jacket: It includes an integrated keyboard, connectivity ports, SD card reader and adjustable viewing angles for a complete computing experience.
HP ElitePad Expansion Jacket: It adds USB, HDMI and other connectivity to get more done on the go. Add even longer battery life when bundled with the optional HP ElitePad Jacket battery.
HP ElitePad Rugged Case: It provides military-grade reliability and enhances the stylish profile of the ElitePad for added protection.
HP ElitePad Docking Station: It delivers an enterprise-class desktop experience with an added keyboard and monitor and also charges the tablet. Or, use it to set the tablet up as a secondary screen for phenomenal multitasking.
HP Executive Tablet Pen: It lets customers write messages and notes in their natural handwriting directly on screen and then save or convert to typed text for use in other applications.
The ElitePad’s thoughtfully designed accessories ecosystem allows the tablet to work as a primary notebook or a customized vertical solution to meet customer needs.
Loaded with tools for mobile work or play
- The HP ElitePad tablet’s 1080p front-facing video camera and 8 megapixel (MP) rear camera with an LED flash and included CyberLink YouCam software help users easily communicate face to face, create high-definition (HD) web videos or record training videos without high production costs.
- HP ElitePad 900 powered by technology from HP Labs, the company’s central research arm, new HP PageLift is an application that automatically trims, and correctly lights and orients a captured image of a whiteboard, paper contract or other document so it is ready to use or share without requiring manual editing.
- Users can easily print directly from their HP ElitePad to any ePrint enabled HP printers with the preloaded ePrint driver, or to a networked HP printer without the need for downloading drivers.
- The HP ElitePad also helps small workgroups connect with HP Wireless Hotspot, a desktop application that allows users to share a wireless internet connection and network bandwidth.
- HP ElitePad 900 includes the CyberLink Media suite, which enables users to manage and create audio and video content with the same easy-to-use interface as other HP business PCs. Users can also record and listen to audio with a stereo microphone and headset jack that feature the richness of SRS Audio.
- Information management is made easy with Evernote, which captures, saves and synchronizes information across devices with impressively quick search capability, and Skitch software that eases collaboration with colleagues by quickly marking up images with captions or sketches.
Price, Availability and Warranty
The HP ElitePad 900 is now available in India at a starting price of approximately INR 43,500.
It also gives a one-year base warranty, with the option for a three-year warranty via HP Care Pack services in India.
© Mouseworld Now News Service