FireEye launches Oculus
New Delhi, India, September 10, 2013: FireEye, the leader in stopping today’s advanced cyber attacks, today launched Oculus, the industry’s first global, real-time, continuous protection platform. The company has combined people, products and intelligence to deliver what it believes is the worlds’ strongest defense system to counter today’s targeted cyber attacks.
FireEye CEO David DeWalt, said, “Today’s attack landscape knows no boundaries or time zones. Customers need protection around the clock and around the world. With Oculus, FireEye has re-imagined security to help organizations combat and defeat the menace of cyber crime and espionage. Oculus gives organizations-large and small-a global, real-time continuous protection platform to help protect brand, intellectual property and data. With Oculus, FireEye brings together what customers have been demanding-a unique combination of virtual machine technology, big data analysis and 24×7 world-wide support and service infrastructure.”
Oculus is comprised of three components-
- Threat Prevention Platform-The FireEye Threat Prevention Platform addresses today’s advanced cyber attacks. The platform features the patented Multi-Vector Virtual Execution (MVX) engine that conducts signature-less analysis atop a patented, virtualization technology purpose-built for security. The MVX engine is designed to provide scalable, accurate, and timely protection across the primary threat vectors-Web, email and files. In addition, to counter the growing menace of malicious mobile applications, FireEye plans to augment its MVX technology by releasing a new SaaS-based platform named FireEye Mobile Threat Prevention early next year.
- Dynamic Threat Intelligence (DTI)-FireEye’s global deployments provide the company with rich threat intelligence. On an hourly basis, FireEye customers benefit from updated threat intelligence on worldwide cyber-crime networks and nation state actors. DTI leverages.
- Big Data analysis: By aggregating and analyzing large volumes of attack data in near real-time, FireEye can recognize global attack patterns and pinpoint possible and actual victims, thereby providing customers much needed foresight.
- APT Discovery Center: The APT Discovery Center catalogs and analyzes current and past APT campaigns. It characterizes APT attacks by technical footprint, vertical, geography and target to help security teams, law enforcement and governments improve defenses.
- Support and Services: Today’s attacks are global in nature. FireEye protects its global customers via 24×7 worldwide supports in all major regions around the world. Organizations are also realizing that security talent is in short supply globally. To address this challenge and to leverage FireEye’s unique insight into today’s advanced threats, FireEye is introducing Continuous Protection. This service allows FireEye customers to leverage FireEye’s expertise in addressing today’s cyber-threats and gain insight into their security posture relative to their industry vertical, allowing them to conduct a continuous risk assessment of their organization.
© Mouseworld Now News Service